Sunday, May 6, 2012

Empellón Cocina

East Village, Manhattan


Ate: Guacamole with Pistachios and Masa Crisps; Melted Tetilla Cheese with Lobster, Tomate Frito & Kol; Chicken Meatballs with Masa Polenta and Tinga Poblana; and House Pueblo Viejo Blanco margarita

Art’s Rating: 4 / 4 jalapeños

Amazing. I went to Stupak's Empellón restaurant in the West Village and was satisfied, but my socks were knocked off with his newer restaurant in the East Village, Empellón Cocina. I went for brunch on Cinco de Mayo and started with their Guacamole with Pistachios and Masa Crisps - the pistachios are an amazing addition to guacamole and the crisps were perfect for it.

The best part of the meal was the tetilla cheese with lobster AND HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS!  In NYC, it's hard to find homemade flour tortillas and I was in heaven.  

And the best part was that Chef Stupak was talking to a table and I thanked him on the way out and he was very nice and said thank you. I'm definitely coming back for dinner.  I want to try their roasted carrots with mole poblano.

Empellón Cocina on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment